Reading Installation Guides is for sure not the best method starting software. Most people likes quick install and start exploring the software. However, it is recommended to take some time to read important information to avoid frustration.
To prevent unnecessary trouble when starting with Joo!CM please make sure you meets the requirements listed below.
- Joomla 1.5.x (latest version recommended)
- PHP Version 5.2.x or upper (Please do not use 5.3.2 if possible)
It is always recommended to create a backup of your Database before you start with the installation process.
- Download Joo!BB Package
- Unzip the package (only when you downloaded the package!)
- Login as Administrator to the backend of Joomla
- Select Extensions ⇒ Install/Uninstall in the menu
- Click on the “Browse” button and select the Joo!CM
installation file (com_joocm_x.x.x.zip)
- Click on the “Upload File & Install” button
The user you made the installation with will be set up to the “Registration User Settings Defaults” you can find in the Configuration. It is recommended to check and set up as required the Superadministrator settings by editing this user. You can do this by going to the User Manager. Further you can synchronize already existing Joomla users to Joo!CM. Please go to User Synchronization Manager to do this.
This section handles commonly-experienced problems on installation.
This may also apply to other hosts, but many times when hosting with GoDaddy you will find that after selecting your zip file for install you will get a database error that will prevent a successful install. Usually the access window has timed out before the install can get back to write into the database again. In this case, you should unzip the package and install from the host by following these steps.
- Unzip the install package, com_joocm_x.x.x.zip, onto your local computer.
- FTP into your webhost and move to the joomla directory. There you will find a /TMP directory and you can ftp the un-zipped files into this. Just upload all files and directories.
- Then choose to install/uninstall and pick “Install from Directory” and type in your path to the /TMP file an example may be: /home/content/j/h/html/camping/tmp (if camping was the directory that your joomla site was installed in)
- Now press the “Install” button that you should get a successful install.
Now repeat these steps for the Joobb package. Either create separate sub-directories for JooCM and JooBB inside of the /TMP folder or you can just delete the JooCM files and directories after the install and then upload the JooBB package to install it and delete after completion again. It is not normally necessary to install the Joobb-editor in this manner as it is a much smaller package.